Labels

4.1.14

I Wanna Be Adored

Recently my sister and I saw Young and Beautiful  (also known as Jeune & Jolie)a French movie directed by François Ozon. The film follows the life of a 17 year old girl who falls into prostitution despite coming from an affluent family. I thought it was really well done and besides having an interesting content, it was also shot in beautifully . The protagonist, Isabelle, is played by model turned actress Marine Vacth, who fits the role perfectly. I really want to watch some more movies by Ozon because I like his style but its so hard to get anything in South Africa. Urgh, Oh well, we will make a plan!
 (I also read an article about Vacth after watching the film ttp://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/nov/24/marine-vacth-francois-ozon-interview, she seems really interesting, hopefully she will do some more films!)

 
 
 



 
Here are some random pictures of Marine Vacth...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also felt that the copy of the Stones Roses song I Wanna be Adored by the Raveonettes captured the essence of the film exactly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment