Labels

9.10.12

inspiration...

For my art prac's theme this year was 'Art as a reflection of society' so I decided to do isolationism due to the creation of cities. The inspiration actually came from a video I entered to an Apple stop start motion competition I made with my friend Lisa from www.fourth-dimensions.blogspot.com. It is a story of a girl (me haha) on a train and she makes up an imaginary friend because she's so alone. Sounds depressing, I know, but I wanted to do something where I'd have a legit excuse to use the song 'Do your best' by John Maus. I will post the video sooooon but here are some pictures that inspired me to make the video in the first place.

The first thing was my favorite film 'Christiane F' or 'Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo', I've probably posted about it before as I'm completely obsessed with it but  here are some images from it anyway...I think if you watch the movie (which everyone has to) you will understand the coolness. Its really dark and sad but truly amazing.










...how I found my film was throgh this song 'Your Heart Feels' by Thieves Like Us- its a really scary video and it accompanies the music video so well! All of the bands music videos are scenes from cool movies :)





1 comment: